Known For Partisan Attacks,
“Deeply wired into the intelligence community”
Yet another harbinger of corporate news media’s continued demise is evident when a familiar mainstream journalist with admitted ties to US intelligence agencies plays covert roles in the issues and events he claims to report objectively on. The case of Kurt Eichenwald suggests how the CIA’s famous Operation Mockingbird is alive and well in the twenty-first century.
On December 16, 2015 FAU administrators terminated this author on pretextual grounds. Less than 24 hours beforehand the same school officials received an inflammatory email from Newsweek‘s Kurt Eichenwald, among the internet’s most avid gun control advocates and anti-Trump crusaders who boasts of being “deeply wired into the intelligence community.”
In the query, one of thousands of emails produced by FAU during discovery, the fiercely partisan Eichenberg more than subtly pressures the FAU administration on Tracy’s public speech concerning the Sandy Hook massacre event, further suggesting that Tracy is mentally ill, guilty of criminal harassment, and may pose a legal liability to the university.
Newsweek Reporter Kurt Eichenwald. Image Credit: YouTube
Eichenwald’s email was received by the university’s chief public affairs officer and immediately forwarded to FAU President John Kelly, General Counsel David Kian, and Provost Gary Perry. Perry forwarded the email to Associate General Counsel Lawrence Glick and Vice Provost Diane Alperin. Less than 24 hours thereafter Alperin informed this author he would be fired.
Fwd: Interview request re: James Tracy
From: Peter Hull <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: John Kelly <—–@fau.edu>, David Kian <—–@fau.edu>, Gary Perry <—–@fau.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 06:25:17 -0500
And now this…
Vice President for Public Affairs
Florida Atlantic University
Begin forwarded message:
From: KURT EICHENWALD <——–@mac.com>
Date: December 14, 2015 at 10:52:19 PM EST
Subject: Interview request re: James Tracy
My name is Kurt Eichenwald and I am a senior writer with Newsweek and a contributing editor with Vanity Fair. I am currently working on an article about people in positions of authority who are advocates of bizarre conspiracy theories or advance ideas far outside the mainstream that do not appear to supported by rational evidence.
As you may know, Professor James Tracy of your school has been harassing parents whose children were slaughtered at Sandy Hook. He is suggesting that their children never existed, that they have been bribed and/or received compensation to pretend their children existed, and that – in at least once instance – a five year old killed Sandy Hook was in fact killed two years later in the Peshawar Army School shooting in Pakistan.
I have several questions that I would like to discuss with you:
1. Do any other members of the faculty or administration also advance these theories of Mr. Tracy?
2. Has any official research been conducted by anyone at the university through the use of university funds to determine that the Sandy Hook attack was fake?
3. Does President Kelly subscribe to the belief that the Sandy Hook attack did not occur?
4. As you may be aware, Mr. Tracy has been contacting parents of children killed at Sandy Hook, calling them “so-called parents” and generally harassing them. Are you aware if this has been done during school hours or while using school computers? Does this conform with policy of the school
4. Does Mr. Tracy have tenure?
5. Have there been any complaints from students, parents or other stakeholders in FAU regarding concerns about Mr. Tracy’s mental stability?
6. If neither the school nor President Kelly subscribes to the belief that Sandy Hook never occurred, is there concern on the part of the school that allowing a man who may be mentally unstable to work on campus could place students or faculty in danger?
7. Has administrators school held any discussions about the potential liability Mr. Tracy might pose if the Sandy Hook parents decide to sue the school for facilitating his harassment?
Finally, under the state open records act, I am requesting all emails sent or received by any member of the office of the president regarding Mr. Tracy since the date of the Sandy Hook attack.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Read the rest of this entry